Sunday, September 14, 2008

...Nicole for OPI Nic Sticks

I had never even heard of this product before I was approached by SheSpeaks to try it out and review it. I usually only have french tips on my nails when I have them done and very rarely do I paint my nails myself anyway but I figured I'd give this product a shot.
Upon opening the package, I noticed the color; something I affectionately refer to as "Old Lady Orange" because, well, it is. It's officially called, "I'm Outta Here!" but I would like to make a case to OPI to either change it or change the color to a more pleasing shade. The Nic Stick was easy to open and easy to figure out. I decided to take it with me on a Starbucks run since it's meant for on the go purposes. After ordering my Pumpkin Spice Latte, I unscrewed the cap, shook the pen, and pumped the top to get the paint moving. The polish goes on smoothly and the brush is thick enough to get each nail done in 2-3 strokes but thin enough to avoid painting your finger as well. I didn't notice any lines anywhere and it dried very quickly. I applied two coats on each finger and had completely dry nails by the time I arrived at the drive-thru window to pick up my drink (about 4 minutes total).The polish was a bit too matte for my taste, but it looks like there are plenty of flashier options that are offered. Another down side to this product is it's chippability. I had the nail polish on just over 24 hours before I had 3 different chips on 3 different nails. Perhaps applying a top coat would have helped. However, even after taking the cons into consideration there is one HUGE pro that gives this product my seal of approval; your child will have a horribly hard time making a mess out of himself, your car, and your house with this stuff. The cap is difficult for a kid to remove (I let my 3 1/2 yr. old give it a go) and there's no spillage to worry about. Any mommy/glam-goddess would probably agree that this is enough on its own to be worth purchasing.
You can Nic Sticks at Target, Wal-Mart, and Ulta for around $6.50. I will be utilizing some of the $1 coupons OPI sent me along with their product to purchase a few colors that match the shades I use on my toes for quick touch ups.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I've heard about these and always wanted to try them. I'll have to check them out.